Motorized shades are an increasingly popular window covering choice. They’re convenient, less expensive than blinds, easy to operate, and available in enough styles, materials, and colors to complement any home décor.
When they meet with us, many people are surprised by just how many different kinds of shades are available at Orlando Motorized Shades and wonder which ones are best for them. With that in mind, we thought a quick overview of each type of shade could help you make your choice.
All About Shades
First things first, shades are solid pieces of fabric that filter or block light from entering through a window. They can provide privacy, filter or block out light, and roll up to the top of the window to store tidily away when not in use. At Orlando Motorized Shades we offer shades in many different materials from cotton or polyester to linen. Special coatings are available to help resist stains, make cleaning easier, and to help the shade retain its shape.
Orlando Motorized Shades offers five different types of shades – and each one can be motorized for added convenience and functionality! Learning more about each style’s characteristics can help you choose what style is best for your needs.
- Pleated Shades. Pleated shades are a clean, classic choice. Consisting of just one single piece of fabric that is pleated in accordion-style, these shades are the perfect privacy provider for any room. Different colors and materials allow in different amounts of light.
- Cellular Shades. Cellular shades are made up of two pieces of fabric that are glued together, making them thicker than pleated shades. The design of cellular shades features several open “cells” in between the two layers. These cells trap air between the two layers of fabric, helping to regulate indoor air temperature by preventing heat transfer between the room and the window.
- Honeycomb Shades. Honeycomb shades are similar to cellular shades but instead of one layer of cells, there are two layers. This makes them an extremely good choice if you want energy-saving window treatments.
- Solar Shades. Solar shades are made of special fabric that prevents UV rays and heat from entering the home. These shades look just like the roller shades your remember from the past – a single layer of thin fabric, but are better at keeping out the sun. They are a great choice for south-facing windows and warm climates in general.
- Roman Shades. Roman shades are defined by their elegant folds. Some designs have a permanent folded bottom, others have multiple folds which disappear into one another as the shade is raised. Roman shades are typically made from light and airy materials, which gives them an elegant look even when folded, but reduces their light blocking and energy efficiency capabilities.
Shop All Of These Shade Styles At Orlando Motorized Shades
The best way to decide what shade style would work best in your home is to schedule a consultation with Orlando Motorized Shades. We can bring samples of each shade style and hundreds of fabric options right to you. Shop for the perfect shade in the room where they will be hung! There’s no easier way to pick the perfect shade.
Call (407) 977-0886 to arrange a free on-site consultation today!