The living room is one of the most public areas of the home. It’s where we entertain guests, where families hang out, and where many people focus their home décor. Rooms like this deserve to look their best and the perfect living room window treatment can be the finishing touch that pulls it all together.
Experiment With Window Treatments In The Living Room
The living room is a great place to play with different types and styles of window treatments. They often feature the largest windows in the home and are usually some of the biggest rooms in the home as well. They also aren’t limited by the room’s function like a bedroom or kitchen might be. This gives homeowners a lot of creative freedom to try styles, colors, patterns, and designs that might not work as well in a different room of the house.
Bedrooms, for example, might be limited to room-darkening curtains, but in the living room, you can play with sheers and light-filtering materials, and more! Larger room sizes mean you can go with bigger and bolder patterns and not overwhelm the room too. Since you don’t have to worry about moisture, food, or odors as you do in bathrooms and kitchens, you can splurge on luxe fabrics like silk or velvet without fear of ruining the living room window treatment.
Popular Living Room Window Treatments
- Wood and Faux Wood Blinds. Wood and faux wood blinds work with just about any type of décor from modern, minimalist living rooms to earthy, natural rooms and casual, comfortable environments. They are a timeless choice that allows you to control light and privacy and they can be “softened” around the edges by hanging curtains up too!
- Cellular and Honeycomb Shades. Cellular and honeycomb shades are a smart choice for drafty living rooms or those with large windows. If you experience significant heat transfer through your windows, these shades offer a layer of thermal protection while still looking great.
- Roller Shades. Roller shades have come a long way from the days of pull-down vinyl shades. Today’s shades can go up or down with just the slightest of pressure and are available in colors, patterns, and styles that will have you pulling the shades down more often just to enjoy their look!
- Roman Shades. Roman shades are increasingly popular in living rooms due to their elegant appearance and carefree operation. Tie them up when you want to let in light and untie them for privacy. There are hundreds of colors, patterns, and styles available to enhance any living room windows!
- Motorized Shades. Motorization can be added to any shade offered by Orlando Motorized Shades. Once you try motorized shades, you will wonder how you ever lived without them! Just the press of a button will allow you to control light and privacy and make it easier to manage awkward or hard-to-reach windows.
Browse Living Room Window Treatments In Your Home
Update the look of your living room with help from Orlando Motorized Shades! Call us to schedule a free, in-home consultation where we’ll measure your windows, offer advice, and share with you our hundreds of living room window treatment styles and designs. Your home will look better than ever with custom window treatments from Orlando Motorized Shades!