The kitchen is often referred to as the heart of the home. It’s the room where food and memories are made and is one of the most heavily trafficked areas of the house. Kitchen window treatments make kitchens more inviting and comfortable, protect privacy, and complement the décor. But not all window treatments are recommended for the kitchen.
Choose Kitchen Window Treatments With Care
There are safety and practicality concerns to think of when selecting kitchen window coverings. If windows are located near the stove, sink, or food preparation areas you might want to shy away from heavy fabrics and instead go for easy-clean up wood or faux wood blinds or shutters. Windows that are located away from mess-prone areas present more opportunity, but you’ll still want to factor in the location of the window in relation to the sun, any privacy concerns, and how the windows are used.
Popular Kitchen Window Treatments
- Wood and Faux Wood Blinds. Wood and faux wood blinds are a smart option if there’s a chance of the window treatment getting splattered with grease, water, or food. Blinds clean easily with soap and water or a quick wipe down, but still provide natural light and privacy when needed.
- Cellular and Honeycomb Shades. If your kitchen is drafty or you notice temperature fluctuations based on the season or even time of day, cellular shades can help stabilize the situation. The air pockets that are built into these shades add an extra layer of insulation, helping to reduce energy consumption and control room temperature.
- Roller Shades. Classic roller shades, also known as solar shades, can be used in just about any situation. They boast simple functioning and a wide range of colors, fabrics, and textures to meet any need. Light-filtering materials allow light in, but block prying eyes. Thermal materials help insulate the room. Treated fabrics can even provide UV protection in sunny kitchens.
- Roman Shades. Roman shades are an elegant, yet carefree, option. Simply tie them up when you want light and let the ties out for privacy. These are a particularly good option if you have an eat-in kitchen with a nearby window as they bridge the gap between kitchen and dining décor.
- Motorized Shades. Motorized shades can’t be beat for large, high, or awkward windows and sliding glass doors. With the press of a button, you can easily open or close your shades or blinds to control lighting and privacy. With our Somfy systems, you can even program your shades and blinds to open and close on a schedule.
Schedule a Free In-Home Consultation For Kitchen Window Treatments In Orlando
Orlando Motorized Shades has your next kitchen window covering! We carry hundreds of colors, textures, and fabrics so you can design a custom window treatments that meet the exact needs of your home and look great while doing so! Schedule an in-home consultation to learn more about our kitchen window treatments!